News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0726 ZynqBerry: How to control CSI_GPIOs

Started by wige, November 26, 2016, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wige

Hi,

I would like to reset the RPi Cam by a hard reset using the camera reset line.
My assumption (perhaps it's wrong) is that MIO52/53 are fed through the CPLD and their logic levels appear unchanged at CSI_GPIO0 and CSI_GPIO1 (which are used as CAM-Reset and CAM-LED control).

As a test I have tried to control the camera LED by SW. Without success. I am pretty (~85%) sure that my PS7-GPIO-Software works fine. At least, it has been succesfully tested in other Zynq environments.

1. Did anyone managed to control the LED and/or reset line of the camera?
2. Is there any additional magic that needs to be taken into account? (e.g. MIO52/53 are somehow gated in the CPLD) 

Thanks in advance
Winfried

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hi Winfried,

In CPLD MIO53/53 are conected to GPIO like
   CSI_IO0 <= MIO52;
   CSI_IO1 <= MIO53;
I did't try to control camera LED, perhaps it requre some additional configuration via I2C.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

wige

Hi Oleksandr,

problem solved: Under Linux the GPIO clock is not enabled by default. As I haven't been using the standard GPIO driver, I had to enable it by setting bit 22 in the APER_CLK_CTRL register of the System Level Control IP (Address: 0xF800012C).
This is also explained here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Zynq-All-Programmable-SoC/Using-generic-uio-with-PS-GPIO/td-p/643734

Regards
Winfried