News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

zynqberry: kernel configuration in demo1 & demo3

Started by sebo, December 14, 2016, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebo

Hello,

I have been playing with demo1 and demo3 projects for a while now. I figure I could start fom one of these projet and customize it to my needs.
I've noticed these two projects in the petalinux-config -c kernel do not provide the same level of configuration.
I was looking for enable the compilation of a device driver of a usb adapter I have. I could find it on demo3 but not in demo1...
How is that possible? How to fix it? :o

thanks.

BR,

S/

Antti Lukats

as long as USB is enabled in the vivado design, you should be able to select usb drivers in petalinux, no matter the other differences the system may have.

sebo

thanks.
What do you mean by system? hdf? or kernel configuration which may have usb enabled by default.

Regards,

S/

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

Kernel configuration can look little different if
- you use external kernel
- you enable some additional stage drivers
To define what exactly different you can compare kernels config files.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

sebo

Ok thanks for your support. I double checked the kernel config and was able to find my problem.

sebo

A bit off topic here but I wanted to let you know your scripts work on linux ubuntu.
I only had to correct the script_external.tcl on line 80.
        set command exec
        lappend command HSI  <-- it should be in small caps: "hsi"
        lappend command -source  ${TE::SCRIPT_PATH}/script_hsi.tcl

S/

JH

Hi,

thanks for this hint. I will fix this to the future releases. It's also planned to add some shell start file tu use our reference designs easier on linux.

br
John