News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

ZynqBerry

Started by sebo, October 11, 2016, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebo

Hi,

I've just acquired the zynqberry board.
I've started by having a quick look on your site about any deliveries, etc... in terms of documentation, I found it quite poor... Could you please tell more about the board?
for instance, what's on PS and what's on PL.

Thanks.

sebo

Thank you John.
I'll have a look.

S.

sebo

I'd like to know which project the board comes loaded with? Is it test_board?
I have a prompt with petalinux.

thanks.

S/

JH

Hi,
no it's a older project, i think only PS with Linux.
br
John

sebo

hi,

don't you have the sources somewhere for download on your wiki?
Moreover, do you have a description of you two demos: demo1 & demo2?

thanks.

S/

JH

Hi,

Short startup with prebuilt files is described on the download page of the project. There is also a doc folder with a export of the Block Design as PDF.
General Description about the project delivery:   https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/Project+Delivery

If you will use a linux only on console try DEMO3 or Test_board:
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/TE0726/Reference_Design/2016.2/te0726_m_demo3

https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/TE0726/Reference_Design/2016.2/test_board

All sources of this projects are included in the zip files.

Br
John

sebo

Hello,

I've tried teh prebuilt version of demo3 and it works very well thanks.

Now, I'm trying to regenerate the prebuilt version of demo3 starting from the demo3 zip.
I can generate the PL bitfile ok. but I'm stuck for the SW part.
I have 2 questions:
* petalinux: I can't regenerate the linux image from demo3 can i? I need to follow the PetaLinux KICKstart form you wiki along with the Xilinx UG. Am I right?
* Once I've done this, which of your script should I use to generate the boot.bin and other stuff.

thanks.

S/

JH

Hello,
there's a petalinux template with our settings and changes in the subfolder /os/petalinux
Use this and copy your generated HDF into the /os/petalinux/hw-description and follow the rest of the steps from PetaLinux Kickstart Wiki.
Petalinux generate the image.ub and uboot.elf
Replace the Uboot.elf in the prebuilt/os... folder and run our scripts or use SDK.
br
John

sebo

Hello,

Just to make sure I understand. I've vivado running on Windows and Petalinux SDK is installed in a VM (ubuntu).
I've generated the bitfile using your scripts. OK.
Now in my VM, here is what i do:

$ petalinux-create -t project  --name Xilinx-demo3 --template zynq
$ cd Xilinx-demo3
$ cp -r /media/sf_Trenz-TE0726/SEBO/te0726_m_demo3/os/petalinux/ .
$ petalinux-config --get-hw-description=/media/sf_Trenz-TE0726/SEBO/te0726_m_demo3/workspace/sdk
$ petalinux-build

Is that correct?

Now regarding the Petalinux Kickstart page from the wiki, I'm not sure I understand the folloowing sentence:
QuoteTake u-boot.elf and image.ub from "<plnx-proj-root>/images/linux" and make BOOT.BIN.  It is recommended to create the FSBL with SDK/HSI tools.

Thanks.
S/

sebo

Ok. I figured it out.

I made some mistakes that I corrected.
First after calling the script TE::hw_build_design, I need to call it once more to export the hdf file into prebuilt.
then, in my petalinux projet, I need to replace and not symply copy your settings. so I suppressed subsystems/ and then copied os/petalinux/*.
I also need to make sure than FSBL is removed from config.

Thanks.

S/

JH

Hi,

the step "petalinux-create -t project  --name Xilinx-demo3 --template zynq" was not necessary. Only copy the HDF into the petalinux template from "/os/petalinux/hw-description" and start petalinux-config --get-hw-description to update HDF-based information to petalinux config.

"TE::hw_build_design" do not export automatically to the prebuilt folder. Run "TE::hw_build_design -export_prebuilt" to do this directly. Only "TE::sw_run_..." do this automatically, when files are available.
Use "TE::help" to show all additional TE-Functions with possible arguments.  Every function has also a -help argument.

br
John