News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0712 SPI-Flash correct settings

Started by Acam2014, October 01, 2016, 05:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acam2014

Hi!

I'm having problems with programming the SPI flash (TE0712 together with TE703).
Everything works fine when I generate a bitstream and program the device but I have problems in generating a .mcs file with Vivado that works.
I've selected the x4 option buswidth in the bit-file generation settings and selected the correct memory (S25FL256Sxxxxxx0).
Does anyone have any idea what else to test?
When I program my device with the .mcs now, both LEDs just flashes on the FPGA board.

JH

Hi,
did Vivado program the flash successful? Is the FPGA programmed after boot from Flash or do your design not working correctly?
Can you check the *.prm file (Contains the information of the content with addresses of the mcs file).
Did you follow the instruction on (page 37:Programming Configuration Memory Devices): http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf
br
John

Acam

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I noticed that the problem was with my power. As I'm starting with our project I just simply used a 3.3V Linear regulator to power the board but it seems that it is quite power hungry at startup.
So the problem was that when the FPGA gets configured from Flash the peak in current draw is quite quick and huge and my linear power couldn't handle this, which meant that the module rebooted every time the FPGA got programmed.
This resulted in an endless loop, with reboot and so forth...
Have to take this into consideration when designing my final power solution. At least to have big enough capacitors.
br,
Jonas