News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Problem with adding new custom ip for TE0720

Started by MaximT666, August 01, 2016, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximT666

Hello. I created new project in vivado using trenz reference design (test board for vivado 2016.2). I used https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/Project+Delivery link as example. Now i want to add my own ip for default block design. I use tools->create and package IP-> create a new AXI4 peripheral -> then i dont change any options and at the end i choose Edit IP and click Finish. After that i have in tcl concole next error:
"ERROR: [Board 49-71] The board_part definition was not found for trenz.biz:te0720_02_2if:1.0. The project's board_part property was not set, but the project's part property was set to xc7z020clg484-2. Valid board_part values can be retrieved with the 'get_board_parts' Tcl command. Check if board.repoPaths parameter is set and the board_part is installed from the tcl app store."
What do I do wrong?
Thanks

Antti Lukats

Hi

IP project should be created as standalone project, not from project based on board files.

just start another vivado instance, and create you IP!

make sure you add the zynq in the supported families, then all works

br
Antti

MaximT666

thanks, possible it works. but i created my custom ip from other project based on other board (zc702 in my case). Then i add a reposytory way for this ip into my project based on te0720 board. i know maybe it isn't the easiest way, but it help me)

Antti Lukats

https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/IP+Core+Projects

this is different ZC702 board files are in the C:\Xilinx\

so it works with ZC702, if you modify the search path, it would also work for TE0720, but I still strongly recommend todo ALL IP development in separate IP Projects, not bound to any specific board.