News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0701 JTAG Driver Issue

Started by rmd91, April 29, 2016, 03:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmd91

I would like to reprogram the CPLD to have the fixed 1.8V VADJ for a TE0715 module. I've had the FTDI drivers installed for a while and I've had access to the serial port as well as JTAG through Vivado. Today, after 1) switching S3 JTAGEN off 2) Install Lattice Diamond, my PC (Win7 x64) no longer recognizes the FTDI cable. I've switched JTAGEN back on and uninstalled Lattice, but my computer can't see the FTDI cable. Is this normal? Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried replugging the USB cable, power cycling the board multiple times, and restarting Windows, but nothing brings the cable back.

EDIT: I installed ToolZ and it looks like something has erased my FTDI EEPROM. Is there a way to restore this for working operation of this board?

Antti Lukats

no settings on dip or jumper on the TE0701 can erase the EEPROM
ToolZ can also not erase that EEPROM

IMPORTANT: all FTDI own utilities ALWASY SILENTLY ERASE the user EEPROM without asking any confirmation, so ANY write of FTDI eeprom with FTDI tools, will erase that user part of the EEPROM that contains the digilent serial number

There are no known issues using Lattice and Xilinx tools at the same time, any uninstall does not make difference

rmd91

Thanks for the reply. I tried my board on a coworker's computer and the device drivers were detected with no issue. It would seem my PC is the issue. Do you know of a way to "reset" my driver so I can do a clean reinstall? I can't see the device at all so I'm unable to uninstall it and there doesn't seem to be an entry in the Windows Programs list.

Antti Lukats

power off, connect different type of usb things into all usb slots, pray, get a coffee repeat it over..

sorry, no, it happens sometimes that some usb root port gets disabled, or does not recon some drivers any more, usually it self heals on my PC..

rmd91

haha I see. Since it works in other PCs I won't worry about it too much. Thank you