News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Use SFP SGMII with TE720/TE715

Started by cayla_st, April 18, 2016, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cayla_st

Hi,

We plan to use an SFP module with the 88E1512 phy of TE720/TE715. We have a custom made board with SOUT/SIN signals already connected to a an AVAGO ABCU-5740RZ SFP module
We have some difficulties to find some technical informations like 88E1512 datasheet because of the MARVEL NDA
My question is if the Linux driver provided in PETALINUX is able to manage the Ethernet link with phy in SGMII mode ? if not how to have access to the technical details to modify the driver ?

Best regards
Stéphane

Antti Lukats

Hi,

for marvell, you must do that NDA thing unfortunatly, there is no way around that.

We have them, but I can only check there if needed, but it would be not so easy to understand if there are special things needed in linux drivers.

by default is SGMII auto detect enabled, that is link should come up automatically,if not disabled in FSBL, in some cases we disable the SGMII autoconnect in FSBL

sorry can not help, much - there may be some manual work required to get all working

cayla_st

Hi,

Manual work done, it works very well with copper and optical SFP's with PETALINUX 2013.10 (sure an old version but always useful)
doesn't work with 2015.2, i'am in the beginning of investigation about that ... any clue, you speak about specific FSBL code for SGMII ?

Best regards
Stephane

Antti Lukats

we sometimes disable SGMII autodetect in FSBL, this is only the autodetect feature, it can be enabled later manually also if the autodetect was set to disable in FSBL

rouben_s

Hi cayla_st,

I have the TE0715 module and would like to access the SGMII interface. Can you provide some insight on how you were able to achieve that?

Thanks,
Rouben

cayla_st

HI,

Attached a schematic of our board with the SFP connections too TRENZ module (SF_RDN to SIN_N etc ...)
it works well with copper/optical fiber SFP. I have just some problems with speed auto negotiation between the MARVELL PHY and the SFP ... no time to debug that for the moment

Regards
Stephane