News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Where is fsbl_hooks.c with uboot shared memory code?

Started by Steven Renich, April 06, 2016, 07:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Renich

I am running a TE0715, and would like to pass information from the FSBL to uboot as described in the "MAC Address Usage" App Note (see link below).  Where is the fsbl_hooks.c that uses shared memory to pass environment variables to uboot?

https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/MAC+Address+usage

Thanks,

Steven

Steven Renich

John,

I looked at the hdmi reference project and did not see the shared memory access.  All that I saw was the following TODO comment in fsbl_hooks.c at about line 185:

/********************************************************************/
// TODO
// eth_init(XPAR_PS7_ETHERNET_0_DEVICE_ID);

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks,

Steven

JH

Hi,

sorry, my mistake! The FSBL of the hdmi project is only modified for hdmi design support.
The modifications for MAC are currently not available for the TE0715, but it will be done in the near future.

Bg
John

Antti Lukats

Quote from: Steven Renich on April 07, 2016, 08:18:21 PM
John,

I looked at the hdmi reference project and did not see the shared memory access.  All that I saw was the following TODO comment in fsbl_hooks.c at about line 185:

/********************************************************************/
// TODO
// eth_init(XPAR_PS7_ETHERNET_0_DEVICE_ID);

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks,

Steven

the HDMI demo FSBL does only include the HDMI init and not the full u-boot ethernet mac shared memory solution. We are in the process to add the uboot and petalinux configs also into out ref design, then the FSBL would get update also.