News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0715-30 Flashing D3

Started by bharris, February 11, 2016, 06:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharris

Hi,

I have a hardware design that enables I2C1 and UART0 on the Zynq PS, alongside some other hardware that otherwise doesn't touch the Zynq PS. Then I have a software application that attempts to talk to the Si5338 over the I2C bus and set it up to generate a different clock frequency.

However I'm having a strange issue. In SDSoC, I'm programming the TE0715-30 and then going to "Launch on Hardware" on my application. The application appears to start fine and sometimes runs to completion, but at some point after I've hit run, LED D3 starts flashing on and off. Looking at the wiki, this LED seems to be hooked up to a CPLD, which as far as I'm aware I've not connected to.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this phenomenon?

Cheers,
Ben

bharris

Quick update, it turns out it has nothing to do with my software at all. Shortly after programming the Zynq, D3 starts flashing regardless of whether the software is running or not.

Antti Lukats

So your design works now?

We will provide soon ready to use SDSoC platfroms also to get started with SDSoC

bharris

Hi Antti,

My design still doesn't function properly, it's just that I eliminated the software as being the cause.

That's good to hear, thanks for the update.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the board right now, but could this simply be an issue of misconfiguration of the Zynq PS in Vivado? I did use the 2015.2 board part files but I guess there may be some incompatibility issues (I'm using 2015.4), as it did not automatically assign for instance MIOs to the appropriate peripherals.

Thanks,
Ben

Antti Lukats

The 2015.2 old rev board part files are known to have incompatibility issue when using them in 2015.4, we have fixed some but not all of the 2015.2 board files.

For new  designs 2015.4 board files and ref design should be used.

bharris

Apologies for the bump, but wanted to post the solution in case anyone else comes across the same problem.

The issue was that some numpty set a jumper on the host board so that the TE0715 went into QSPI boot mode, and then tried programming over JTAG. Whoops..

Cheers,
Ben

bharris

Antti,

Could you point me at where I can find the 2015.4 TE0715-30 board part files? Only the 2014.4 version appears to be in the Trenz download area: http://www.trenz-electronic.de/download/d0/Trenz_Electronic/d1/TE0715/d2/board_part_files.html

Thanks,
Ben

Antti Lukats

they are included in the 2015.4 ref designs.