News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0715-30 U-Boot source files

Started by aliakbarmerchant, September 02, 2015, 12:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliakbarmerchant

Hello...we have recently bought your zynq TE=0715 module. I am trying to boot linux on Zynq.  I need the  u boot source file for cross compilation.  i tried at this location: git clone git://github.com/Trenz-Electronic/u-boot-xlnx.git u-boot-te. But I couldn't find config file for TE=0715.
I am new at Linux..

Please help me at this regards

Antti Lukats

Hi

all our new reference design use Xilinx official u-boot and linux, both of them are available from Xilinx downloads.

We do NO PATCHING or changing of the code from Xilinx, hence there is no u-boot sources we have or could made available. It is all mainline Xilinx source code.

in our new 2015.2 ref designs the "settings files" will be included, yes, but those are not "u-boot sources.."

br
Antti

stormracer

Hello,

i have a Linux running with the Zedboard. Now i want to migrate it to a TE0720. For the zedboatd use make zynq_zed_config to applay the right configuration. If you say that you also use the official xilinx sources for u-boot and the linux kernel, which is the right configuration file for the TE0720. I've try to compare the old u-boot repo from trenz with the actual one from Xilinx, but there are to big differences for me to merge it.

Do you have some information about the hardware depending part for u-boot. As i understand it, only the fsbl is realy hardware dependent, because if the DDR-RAM initialization and other peripheries. Is there something like a generic configuration for u-boot for the zynq parts?

Best regards
Christian

Antti Lukats

We have no u-boot repo any more, it is not needed. We had it loong time ago, when the no-patch was not possible.

You take HDF file you generated for TE0715
In Petalinux say

petalinux-config --get-hw-description

and the uboot is configured, thats it. no patching.