News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

How to access I2C on FMC connector on TE0701?

Started by Matthias, June 12, 2014, 06:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

Hello,

I need to access the I2C pins on the FMC connector of the TE0701.

Unfortunately, from the schematics, I can only see that both FMC_SDA and FMC_SCL connect to the CPLD on the TE0701,
but I didn't find any further information on how to route these lines to the FPGA on the TE0720.

I first assumed, they are connected to the same I2C bus as the CPLD (0x22) and HDMI (0x38/39/3C/3E/3F),
but probing/reading the I2C did not toggle any of the FMC_SDA / FMC_SCL pins and only returned the "internal" devices:

zynq-uboot> i2c probe
Valid chip addresses: 22 38 39 3C 3E 3F

(my device, 0x50 is missing)

I guess, I need to set a bit in 0x22 or 0x23 to make this work, but I didn't find any documentation on this.

Can you please clarify on how to access FMC_I2C?

Thanks,
Matthias

lcn

Hello,

I also need to access to  the I2C pins on the FMC connector of the TE0701 and I have the same doubts...How can I connect  FMC I2C pins to the PL of the FPGA module??

Thanks in advance

steddyeddy

I could do with some help here also...

I need to turn on FMC_VADJ - does anyone know if this should be on as default? I do not get a supply voltage for J6 PMOD connector and was hoping to use it.

rdamon

Just notice this.

You can force power on the FMC with the M1, M2 switches on the board.

To get I2C to the SC on the 701 you need to route the signal like is done for the SC on the 720.

AA12 is SCL out,
AB12 is SDA in
U10 is SDA out.