News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720 / TE0703 Reference Design

Started by Woody242, July 16, 2015, 04:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody242

Greetings,

Is there a reference design or at least a block diagram on how to configure the PS for Vivado 2014.4 for the TE0720 with the TE0703 carrier card.  Mainly looking for hooking up the System controller.  I have a simple module setup with QSPI/SD/UART that works now I want to build a full system that I can run petalinux with Ethernet and network support.  I think I need the SC to get the mac address.

Thanks,
Woody

Woody242

Status Update,

I have enabled Ethernet 0 and I2C1 in my project, added the SC interface IP clock and connected I2C1 of the processor system to the System Controller.  I think this is correct.  Unfortunately, my FSBL is indicating 0 for SC revision and 0 for all the fields of the MAC address.  It also returns a status of 1, Failure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Woody

Woody242

Ok so I think the problem is that I have not hooked up the SC logic to the outside world.  Question, are the pin constraints the same as that for the 701 module for connecting to the SC? 

Thanks,
Woody

Antti Lukats

the system controller in on TE0720, and has nothing to-do with any baseboard at all.

Woody242

Thanks up and running, after looking at the vhf file for the SC ip it made more sense.  i also needed to enable the MDIO pins for the Ethernet.  Now my FSBL gets the SC revision and I get a good MAC address.   Just finished building petalinux for the board.  The only change I made was to turn off randomization of the MAC addr since that is supplied.