News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720 2014.4 SD images

Started by Antti Lukats, June 03, 2015, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antti Lukats

http://www.trenz-electronic.de/de/download/d0/Trenz_Electronic/d1/TE0720-GigaZee/d2/reference_designs/d3/images.html

there are ready to use images for SD card, those images include new FSBL and u-boot settings, MAC Address is read from FSBL and imported into u-boot. u-boot environment is read from SD card and not from SPI flash.

All reference designs will also be updated soon to support this functionality.

the main "new thing" is one line in u-boot:

#define CONFIG_PREBOOT   "echo U-BOOT for ${hostname} preboot is loading environment from uEnv.txt; set autoexec echo; if mmc rescan; then if fatload mmc 0 0x01000000 uEnv.txt; then env import -t 0x01000000; fi; fi; "echo importing env from FSBL shared area at 0xFFFFFC00; if itest *0xFFFFFC00 == 0xCAFEBABE; then env import -t 0xFFFFFC04; fi; echo running autoexec script; run autoexec"

It does check OCM RAM shared area for MAGIC signature, and if FSBL has saved there any env params then those will be imported.

ktonchev

Dear Antti,

is the corresponding petalinix  bsp available? If yes, how it can be downloaded?

Thanks

Antti Lukats

this ethernet MAC Address magic happens in the FSBL and in u-boot script so it is not related much to petalinux bsp

we have not yet released petalinux .BSP archive yet where this fix is applied, we will add it, so there will be no need to gather the pieces from different places

ktonchev

Thank you Antti. In this case I have a couple of more questions. First one is related to BOOTP. The u-boot of the images you provided in this tread is booting without BOOTP enabled, while using this reference design:

http://www.trenz-electronic.de/fileadmin/docs/Trenz_Electronic/TE0720-GigaZee/reference_designs/2014.4/TE0720-02-refplnx.bsp

the BOOTP is executed. How can I stop BOOTP?

My other question is related to the double MAC address issue that is causing u-boot to lack network. In my setup U-boot is loading the MAC address stored in the EEPROM and is properly initializing the ethaddr environment variable. Nevertheless I don't have network in u-boot mode. The network starts working only when I define the MAC address in u-boot's platform-top.h to be the same as the one stored in the EEPROM. On the other hand Linux is loading properly the MAC address. Note that I have defined the env variables:   
"ethmacskip=1\0" \
"eth1macskip=1\0" \
This issue is available also in TE0720-02-refplnx.bsp that I placed above. Can you help me with that ?

Thanks

Mythili

Hi,

I tried to boot the TE0720 board using  Petalinux_2014.4  images in SD card boot mode. I got the following while booting this.After that it is hanging.

SoM: TE0720-02-0CR SC REV:03
MAC: 00 04 A3 DB DE A8

U-Boot 2014.07 (Jun 02 2015 - 04:41:23)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  ECC disabled 1 GiB
MMC:   zynq_sdhci: 0
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   Gem.e000b000
U-BOOT for TE0720-02-refplnx preboot is loading environment from uEnv.txt
reading uEnv.txt
156 bytes read in 8 ms (18.6 KiB/s)
## Info: input data size = 157 = 0x9D
importing env from FSBL shared area at 0xFFFFFC00
## Info: input data size = 27 = 0x1B
running autoexec script
Hello this is preboot autoexec script, it is executed always before autoboot or interactive u-boot console prompt
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Device: zynq_sdhci
Manufacturer ID: 3
OEM: 5344
Name: SU02G
Tran Speed: 50000000
Rd Block Len: 512
SD version 3.0
High Capacity: No
Capacity: 1.8 GiB
Bus Width: 4-bit
reading image.ub
7349504 bytes read in 447 ms (15.7 MiB/s)
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 01000000 ...
   Using 'conf@1' configuration
   Trying 'kernel@1' kernel subimage
     Description:  PetaLinux Kernel
     Type:         Kernel Image
     Compression:  gzip compressed
     Data Start:   0x010000f0
     Data Size:    7334612 Bytes = 7 MiB
     Architecture: ARM
     Load Address: 0x00008000
     Entry Point:  0x00008000
     Hash algo:    crc32
     Hash value:   de2ab1a1
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... crc32+ OK
## Loading fdt from FIT Image at 01000000 ...
   Using 'conf@1' configuration
   Trying 'fdt@1' fdt subimage
     Description:  Flattened Device Tree blob
     Type:         Flat Device Tree
     Compression:  uncompressed
     Data Start:   0x016feca8
     Data Size:    13594 Bytes = 13.3 KiB
     Architecture: ARM
     Hash algo:    crc32
     Hash value:   b12f54b6
   Verifying Hash Integrity ... crc32+ OK
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x16feca8
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Loading Device Tree to 07ff9000, end 07fff519 ... OK

Starting kernel ...

Antti Lukats

Hi

you are trying the default images built for 1GByte DDR3 on -CR module with reduced RAM size, this will not work. The images have to be rebuilt for -CR

Mythili

Hi Antti Lukats,

I tried to build the image using the  command "make TE0720-01-1CR_config".I got the following

/bin/bash: arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
dirname: missing operand
Try `dirname --help' for more information.
Generating include/autoconf.mk
/bin/bash: line 3: arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
Generating include/autoconf.mk.dep
/bin/bash: line 3: arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found
dirname: missing operand
Try `dirname --help' for more information.
Configuring for TE0720-01-1CR board...

Already i tried to install the arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc tool chain.But for 32 bit machine it is not supported.
Is there any other way to rebuild the image for -CR?

Antti Lukats

Hi,

https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/Zynq+Troubleshooting+Guide

the best way is to use Xilinx Linux, in that case you just import the HDF file and run make and the full linux build works, you must of course have valid HDF file for -CR first.

2015.4 is just released, it does fix some issues that 2015.2 had, but linux for 2015.4 is coming a few weeks later, so we can not yet provide new linux designs for 2015.4

Karikalan

Hi,

As you responded in previous post we tried to create u-boot image  for CR configuration.

For creating the FSBL(in Xilinx SDK) we tried with the  board_part.xml(instead of hdf file) corresponding to TE0720-1CR from TE0720-BoardFiles-2014.4_V02 but the file was not opening properly, so we tried with TE0720_refplnx.hdf from  TE0720-02-refplnx.bsp  and  now it is booting successfully in SD boot mode, but if we do the power reset some junk messages is displaying initially and after that board is booted.

Could you please suggest that whether we are using correct HDF file for this board  or not?

Is there any HDF file available for TE0720-02-1CR board?

Antti Lukats

board_part.xml can not be used in any way separatly

HDF needs to be generated for -1CR

HDF includes both the BIT file (what is same for CR an not CR) and FSBL DDR settings what is different or CR as they have less memory. I would assume that if you create HDF with 2014.4 design from us, then that HDF should be OK for linux, but I have not myself tested that.

again, the COMPLETE flow should always be executed, FSBL Checklist:

https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/Zynq+Troubleshooting+Guide

there is list of TODO items, that must be executed in order, starting from Vivado Block Design.

And there is no "correct HDF", the HDF includes YOUR DESIGN. We can provide some "example HDF files" only, so far we have mostly only provided the sources to create designs, including the HDF file.

I will setup the 2015.4 flow-scripting first to include creation of prebuilt HDF files, if there is a delay with linux 2015.4 then we may back-port them to 2015.2

It is not necessary to have HDF for -1CR for linux, you can use from -2IF also, if: you use correct FSBL for -1CR and fix the memory size for uboot and linux manually