News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Reference project with terminal output - TE-0630 + TE-0304

Started by Freng, August 21, 2014, 03:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freng

Hello everybody,
I'm still working with my TE0630 module plugged on the TE0304 carrier board. My goal is to test a reference design and get some output in a console/terminal app.

1. I took the reference design from Trenz Git repo : https://github.com/Trenz-Electronic/TE063X-Reference-Designs/tree/master/reference-TE0630
2. And create a sample software project with a infinite loop printing some text.

Unfortunately, I cannot see anything in minicom/gtkterm (on /dev/ttyS* ports, J1 connector of TE0304 carrier board) even if I have a correct configuration of the RS232 port (baudrate=115200, 8-bits data, 1 stop bit and no parity bit).

Am I missing something ?

Otherwise, projects involving LEDs and user switches works fine !

My configuration :
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
TE0630 + TE0304
Xilinx tools 13.2 (with a working license now !)

Regards,
Freng.

Thorsten Trenz

HI,
did you setup correct FPGA pins for the UART, so it matches TE0304?

br
Thorsten Trenz

Freng

Hi Thorsten,
yes, my pins are right as I can see now the demo application (menu + some memory tests) using :
1. TE0630_LX75.bit bitstream
2. Or system.bit generated from EDK + demo.elf located in the "sw" directory.

I think my problem is more on the SDK side.
If I follow the step written on Github (Launch SDK, import standalone BSP, etc...), the generated ELF file does not print anything on the screen... (even if this is the same code as pre-compiled demo.elf provided on the Github repo).
I'll keep you in touch about any progress...

Regards,
Freng.

Freng

Hi again,
Finally, I've found the mistake !
In the image attached, my BSP settings were wrong : "stdin/stdout" were set to debug module instead of RS232 port.
That is the reason why I didn't see nothing on the RS232 port : because there was nothing to see...

I can't see if this setting is written in a file hosted on Github. Therefore, I assume it is set to default values by my SDK.

Problem solved !

Best regards,
Freng.