News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Direct programming of SPI Configuration Flash on TE600

Started by razi marjani, March 02, 2014, 10:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razi marjani

Hi

As the TE600 (v2) board has a header for direct programming of the SPI flash, is there any free tool for this? It would be much better if the tool could work with Xilinx/Digilent FPGA configuration cables (for example Xilinx Platform Cable); Or at least an open-source cable which could be built without much cost.

Antti Lukats

Quote from: razi marjani on March 02, 2014, 10:44:06 AM
Hi

As the TE600 (v2) board has a header for direct programming of the SPI flash, is there any free tool for this? It would be much better if the tool could work with Xilinx/Digilent FPGA configuration cables (for example Xilinx Platform Cable); Or at least an open-source cable which could be built without much cost.

Hi

I am a little confused:
1) TE0600 has no on module direct header, only B2B connectors.
2) TE0603 baseboard has 6-pin header for JTAG but bot SPI indirect
3) SPI flash pins ARE available on B2B and and on user headers on TE0603

solutions:
1) SPI indirect programming from Impact, works
2) SPI indirect programming with XC3SPROG, works
3) SPI indrect programming with TE JTAG tool (to be announced soon)

with impact 14.7 I just checked and did see no issues.
for XC3SPROG I just uploaded all bit and batch files and demo blinky designs to TE download area TE0600/tools should be online soon

so please if you can be more specific about the module/board you use and reasons for SPI direct.

* we may add SPI direct functionality to our tool, then it will be able to use an FTDI based JTAG cable, but this is low priority right now, we focus on JTAG indirect speed up.

br
Antti Lukats

razi marjani

Hi
I saw some spike between Jtag Header and and Jtag connector. After that I can't configure fpga via Impact.
But after power up FPGA Load Bitstream  from flash.
I think there is some problem with jtag interface of FPGA.
If it is possible to configure fpga via direst spi then I can test that fpga is healthy or is passed away. :)
Another question. Is it possible to replace fpga with another one?

Antti Lukats

Quote from: razi marjani on March 03, 2014, 06:33:58 AM
Hi
I saw some spike between Jtag Header and and Jtag connector. After that I can't configure fpga via Impact.
But after power up FPGA Load Bitstream  from flash.
I think there is some problem with jtag interface of FPGA.
If it is possible to configure fpga via direst spi then I can test that fpga is healthy or is passed away. :)
Another question. Is it possible to replace fpga with another one?

understood.

1) you should not use this module in any product as it may be part damaged more than just jtag pins
2) FPGA replacement on module is not worth doing in most cases
3) Impact 13.3 can be used for SPI direct programming

our own tools with direct spi programming support, I can not promise any release date unfortunately.
We have done this for some projects, and we will add it, but no timeline for release date.

br
Antti Lukats