News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Problem with 5V power supply on TE0701 carrier board

Started by TimB, September 10, 2013, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

Hi,

I'm trying to bring up a TE0701 carrier board with a 7020 mounted, in the default state we received the board in I wasn't able to detect any output on the serial uart when I tried powering on the board using any of the sd-card images I downloaded.  However, when the J16 jumper is moved to select 3.3V instead of 5V, I can boot linux from an sd-card image.

When the J16 jumper is set to select 5V, LED2 on the 7020 module comes on and stays solid, and one of the green LEDs also comes on and stays on presumeably this is just telling me that there is a power failure.

Is there likely to be a problem with the 5V supply, or are there other jumper settings I should check?

Thanks,

Tim

Antti Lukats

Hi

we are aware of this problem on some TE0701 boards. Please use the 3.3V jumper setting, there is actually no benefit for using the 5V setting on TE0701 with TE0720, this jumper was added for some feature modules that may require vin to be 5V. We are investigating the issue and let you know to avoid the problem on own carrier board design.

Antti