News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0950 Versal support on Vitis, how to proceed?

Started by jlei, September 09, 2024, 01:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlei

Hi,  I am trying to create the XSA file that can be used in Vitis to run some Versal examples. I could not find the dedicated tutorial on how to proceed. Thus I had some attempts and could not make it work. Here is what I did:

I followed the tutorial https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0950+Test+Board and chose option 0 in the bash script. The script generated vivado project file, I opened it using Vivado 2023.2. Then, I exported the XSA using the hardware export function in GUI.
I later went to Vitis 2023.2 and added the XSA file into the AI Engine creation setup where you create an AIE-only project. The guide asked for XSA, and I chose the XSA file generated by the script, but Vitis said this board file did not support Versal AIE. I also noticed that in the board schematic view of the Vivado project, I could not find the Versal module. Does it mean the Vivado project does not include the Versal module at all, so the Vitis Versal flow will not accept the XSA file?

In summary, I am attempting to run a Versal AIE-only design in Vitis with the TE0950 board; I described my attempts, and can you provide some advice on how I should proceed?
Thanks.