News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE_USB_FX2.gen3 Open_FUT install

Started by oro06, December 16, 2012, 11:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oro06

hi forum,

feedback concerning open_fut install under fresh winxp32 setup (virtualbox)

1°)make_exe-32.bat invoke py2exe, but py2exe will not install if python2.7 is not found,
but documentation indicate either Python 2.7.3 Windows Installer, Python 3.2.3 msi installer could be used...
could be helpful to precise that with python3 make_exe-32.bat is of no use and ofut should be invoked directly by 'python ofut.py'

2°)with python2.7.3 msi installer+py2exe installed
make_exe-32.bat shown warning messages not present in the 'Howtoinstall.txt'
"[..]
The following modules appear to be missing
['Carbon', 'Carbon.Files','win32api']"

and running './dist/ofut.exe' give this log :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ofut.py", line 583, in <module>
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 443, in LoadLibrary
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyc", line 365, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 126] Le module spécifié est introuvable

3°)i then downloaded another installer
from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

again make_exe-32.bat shown warning messages not present in the 'Howtoinstall.txt'
but at least win32api is not present in the list (i guess carbon is related to apple/osx carbob ui api)
"[..]
The following modules appear to be missing
['Carbon', 'Carbon.Files']"

but still running './dist/ofut.exe' or directly 'python ofut.py' give this log :

error message say 'specified module not found' but the related dll 'TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI.dll'
is present in local dir, dist dir and have been copied in c:\python27 dir during install

with 'dependancy walker' tool runs against  'TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI.dll' it appear that the following dlls were missing :
MSVCR100.DLL
EFSADU.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL
WER.DLL

it was needed to download and install vc_redist_x86.exe Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable from MS
and now ofut.exe start...

regards
OR

oro06

hello again,

to keep updated,
as './dist/ofut.exe' ui started,
trying to flash updated usb firmware eg TE-USB-FX2_current_TE.iic
i got this error message :

Exception in Tkinter callback
  File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1410, in __call__
  File "ofut.py", line 301, in eeprom_program
ValueError: Procedure probably called with too many arguments (12 bytes in excess)

so finally things ended up fine using CyConsole.exe :

as explaned here http://www.trenz-electronic.de/download/d0/Trenz_Electronic/d1/TE-USB-Suite/d2/recovery/d3/drivers.html

a)switch S1A off+reboot board
b)install CyUSB driver
c)switch S1A on
d)flash firmware (options/EZ USB Interface+click Lg EEPROM)+reboot

all went fine in 5mn (or less)

usually i use 'recovery tools' as last resort but in this case it's now my first choice....

regards
OR

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello oro06,

I try to reproduce your issue on my system (Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Python 2.7)
1) Will change description to leave only Python 2.7 in Requrements.
2) I see
Quote"The following modules appear to be missing ['Carbon', 'Carbon.Files','win32api']
message while building exe from py. This warning not affect to functionality of resulted exe
Quotebut still running './dist/ofut.exe' or directly 'python ofut.py' give this log :
You got this error because there is no TE_USB_FX2_API_C-32.dll in your working directory, build script should put it to "dist" directory as ofut.exe depend on it.
After build I test resulted ofut.exe file and successfully program EEPROM and Flash on module.
3) As for your second post, looks like you use incompatible versions of DLL and OFUT (Last OFUT version use simplified Gen3 DLL which have API which differ from previous).
Please note that OpenFUT.gen2 and OpenFUT.gen3 are using different driver APIs.
Download latest version of TE-USB0Suite from Github https://github.com/Trenz-Electronic/TE-USB-Suite to have correct set of programms and DLLs

Thanks
Oleksandr Kiyenko

oro06

Hi Oleksandr,

sorry for the typo in my previous post :  'TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI.dll' was not correct and was intented for TE_USB_FX2_API_C-32.dll instead.
in fact TE_USB_FX2_API_C-32.dll  was present in various dirs including the one where ofut.exe was
this dll refused to be loaded because of another missing dependency on MSVCR100.DLL which was not present on the fresh xp32 install
but ofut.exe reported erroneous error message saying dll wasn't present.

as i explained this finally was solved by installing  vc_redist_x86.exe Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable from MS
so if you update readme file,  IMHO  'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  Redistributable' should also be included in software requirement list

concerning the gen2/gen3 dll issue, i'll have a try thanks

thanks for your help & regards
OR

Hengist

The release of the third generation Trenz Electronic USB FX2 Suite made this post obsolete. Please access current documentation and resources here: TE USB FX2 Suite.