News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0802 as PCIe device

Started by CM, June 24, 2024, 07:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CM

Hi,

I am currently working on using the TE0802 as a PCIe device with the help of an M.2 to PCIe connector breakout chain with the goal of plugging the PCIe side into the edge connector on a motherboard which takes the role of the root.

Going through the pinouts of the board, my M.2 card and the PCIe connector, I can already confirm that my grounding is fine, no shorts between the voltage supplies on both sides are happening and that the TX and RX are properly handled.
However, both the PCIe host machine as well as the TE0802 will have a conflicting reference clock on the connection.

I would like to stop the clock generator on the TE0802 to apply its signal to the M.2 connector.
There are two paths I currently see:

1) Remove the decoupling caps on the output of the CDCI6214 (C126/C172) to physically disconnect the clock generator from the connector.
I would like to avoid this because this setup will be replicated fairly often.

2) Reprogram the CDCI6214 to set the output of Channel 4 (Y4P/Y4N) to a high impedance state.

So my question boils down to:
Is it possible to reprogram the CDCI6214 on the TE0802 to stop the generation of the SSD_RCLK and if so, how would I achieve this?

Thanks a lot
Christopher

garliciris

To stop the generation of the SSD_RCLK signal from the CDCI6214 on the TE0802 module, you would typically need to reprogram the configuration of the CDCI6214 IC itself. The CDCI6214 is a clock generator/synchronizer IC that can be configured via its control inputs to output various clock signals. That's what advice I can give you