News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication x86 build error

Started by westrice, September 11, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westrice

Hi Forum,

I've downloaded the TE-USB-Suite folder from github and tried to build TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication without changing anything besides the target platform to Win32 in the configuration Manager. I'm compiling using Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2010 and Windows7 x86.
I get the following error when building.

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  stdafx.cpp
1>  TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.cpp
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_SendCommand
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_ScanCards
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_GetData_InstanceDriverBuffer
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_GetData
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_SetData_InstanceDriverBuffer
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_SetData
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CCyUSBDevice::CCyUSBDevice(void *,struct _GUID,int)" (??0CCyUSBDevice@@QAE@PAXU_GUID@@H@Z)
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_Open
1>TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TE_USB_FX2_Close
1>$PATH\TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication\Release\TE_USB_FX2_CyAPI_SampleApplication.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Any sugestion to solve this?

edit: I cleaned up the project before building.

westrice

Nevermind I solved the problem, I didn't saw the readme.  I was using the wrong dll's and libs.

westrice

Actually the readme file is missing in the CyAPI_sampleApplication folder in the current version.

Horsa

We added a lot of new readme files.

Anyway, I recommend to read our detailed and friendly documentation:
http://www.trenz-electronic.de/download/d0/Trenz_Electronic/d1/TE-USB-Suite.html

Hengist

The release of the third generation Trenz Electronic USB FX2 Suite made this post obsolete. Please access current documentation and resources here: TE USB FX2 Suite.