News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE7012 PetaLinux Ethernet problem

Started by matix, October 19, 2022, 04:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matix

Hello,

I have TE0712 FPGA module, on TE0701 carrier board. My problem is that I'm not able to get Ethernet working. My booting process is from Flash memory, where i place .MCS file. I've tested reference design files as well as my own design but problem is always the same. Message from linux boot-up process is "eth0: Exceeded transmit timeout of 6000 ms".  I have checked clocks on Si5338 chip and it's 50MHz on output as supposed to be. Attached screen-shots below.

Waldi3141

Hi Matix,

i tried to replicate your problem but couldn't. Ethernet worked without problems. I used the TE0712 rev 01 and the Carrier TE0701 rev04. On the TE0712 i used the test_board design version 2021.2
Can you tell me what Module and carrier exactly you use? like TE0712-02-35-2I
Also what reference design did you try?
Please try with the latest version 2021.2

best regards

Waldi

matix

Thanks for your replay.
I have TE0712-02-82I36-A(XC7A200T-2FBG282l) with TE0701-06 carrier board.

I have tried reference designs from trenz 2021.2 and older.
Lastly I have flashed 2017.4 version and observed that some packets were sent, only UDP. But TCP still does not work, I'am not able to ping to board and from board.

Waldi3141

Hi again,

sorry it is hard to figure out exactly what your problem is with given information.
From the Boot log i would say it is a software problem since it says "link is up".
When you plug the board to your network switch, do you see anything on the other end? Like a new device on the network?
What you do see when you type "ifconfig" in petalinux on the board?

best regards

Waldi

JH

Hi,
can you send me the serial number of your module and your carrier. It's on the small sticker with QR code on the boards.

Waldi3141

Hi,
i recently faced the same problem.
I got it working by booting the 2019.2 reference design, maybe it helps in your case too.

greetings

Waldi