News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Timing constraints file for TE0710 periphery

Started by toka, September 13, 2022, 05:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toka

Hello,

is there a timing constraints file for the periphery on the TE0710 board available? I checked the board files and couldnt find anything.

Waldi3141

Hello toka,

there is no dedicated timing constraint file for the periphery. For what timing constraints exactly are you looking?

best regards

Waldi

toka

I am looking for the constraints of the input clock and the periphery like SPI flash, DDR, Ethernet. For my project, I will use additional periphery, ADC and DAC and will introduce timing constraints on these signals, so I was asking myself why there is no constraints file especially for the module.

Waldi3141

i recommend you to start your design with our reference design. DDR, SPI, Ethernet and other peripheral are already implemented there.
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0710+Test+Board

All the used IOs in our reference design that are not constraint in the _i_io.xdc constraint file are constraint in the according board files -> part0_pins.xml. There you also can find the 100Mhz sys_clock which is connected to the FPGA Pin F4 with IOstandard SSTL15.
The interfaces defined in the board.xml file can be seen in Vivado > IP Integrator in the Board tab. They can be drag&dropped into the Block Design and should then appear orange in the board tab.

For all other IOs you want to use i advise you to look into the schematic.
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/4x5/TE0710/REV02/Documents

toka

I am already using the reference design.

In the part0_pins there are no timing constraints for the periphery signals.

JH

Hi,
vivado generate some of the timing constrains also from the block design --> Parameter of the Input buffer...
DDR setup is included into the mig project.
Constrains itself can be also add to IPs or separate xdc....so there are many points where you can add timing constrains....

IO trace length constrains are no set because traces are very short or signals are slow.

You can run simple final timing report to see which timing constrains are set and automatically propagated .
br
John

toka

Is there no requirements on the timing properties of the periphery, like delay min and max times?

JH

depends on the interfaces and traces length....in case of this one board components(DDR, QSPI) and slow interfaces (I2C, UART) it's not needed.
br
John