News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0715 ethernet link problem

Started by svedach, August 11, 2022, 08:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svedach

We usually use TE0715 modules with industrial temperature range Zynq7030, but now due to some circumstances we need to use commercial temperature range modules. There was a problem with the ethernet link - it does not up, and all modules with a commercial temperature range have this problem. The same design works fine on all industrial temperature range modules. Are there any differences in circuitry or something else between these modules? What could be the reason?

JH

Hi,

Temperature range is no matter, speed grade also (because ETH PHY is connected on PS--> as long as you mean with Ethernet the  ETH over on board PHY). Can you also test one time our reference design. please,
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0715+Test+Board
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0715+Test+Board#TE0715TestBoard-Download
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0715+Test+Board#TE0715TestBoard-Getprebuiltbootbinaries

Download includes also binaries, so you can test directly. --> Copy linux binaries of your assembly variant on sd card and boot from sd.

Can you tell me also the exact article number of both module.Or send me the serial number (it's on the small white sticker with QR code), of both modules to support@trenz-electronic.de , so I can check it in detail.
br
John

svedach

Unfortunately I can't use your firmware.
For example, modules with serial numbers 619453, 619454 work correctly, ethernet works, but modules 619449-619451 do not establish a connection. The project is the same for all modules.

JH

Hi,
QuoteUnfortunately I can't use your firmware.
why?
QuoteFor example, modules with serial numbers 619453, 619454 work correctly, ethernet works, but modules 619449-619451 do not establish a connection.
that's all TE0715-04-30-1C from 2020 --> all are commercial.

Can you share boot log of working and non working module?
br
John

svedach

We do not have a test board from Trenz, the modules are used in conjunction with our own boards which do not have an sd card

JH

Hi,
QuoteWe do not have a test board from Trenz, the modules are used in conjunction with our own boards which do not have an sd card
Ok. But you can program boot.bin into qspi and stop on uboot console. check if uboot get eth link with our design(dhcp or static ip....). Note: 21.2 uboot need boot.scr file from sd normally, in case it's not available it will try several boot options to find correct files...(default things from Xilinx new flow....).  Cancel this process and try to check eth with uboot commands, if you want.

In general it's hard to help you without more information and informations that contradict each other...

First your wrote:
QuoteThere was a problem with the ethernet link - it does not up, and all modules with a commercial temperature range have this problem.
--> All commercial has problems...
Than:
QuoteFor example, modules with serial numbers 619453, 619454 work correctly, ethernet works, but modules 619449-619451 do not establish a connection.
--> here 2 commercial works...

What's with the boot protocol from your design. One working and one failing protocol.

I've checked test reports from 619449-619451 and ETH was working before we shipped the modules.

br
John