News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

EEPROM U9 on TE0701

Started by dm1000, July 08, 2022, 05:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dm1000

I am working on a project building a custom carrier board similar to the TE0701. 

1) For U9 on the TE0701 - is it possible to buy a pre-programmed EEPROM from Trenz?
2) Is there any software to configure the FPGA using the USB connector J12?   I can configure the FPGA using USB J7 on the TE0701 using Vivado.

JH

Hi,
Quote1) For U9 on the TE0701 - is it possible to buy a pre-programmed EEPROM from Trenz?
you mean this component only (with Xilinx/Digilent Key) to use it for your own carrier? No this is not possible. You must use external programmer (TE0790 or other Xilinx compatible programmer). Digilent offers also SMD solution, which you can solder on your custom carrier: https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/24625-JTAG-SMT2-Surface-Mount-Programming-Module.

Quote2) Is there any software to configure the FPGA using the USB connector J12?   I can configure the FPGA using USB J7 on the TE0701 using Vivado.
No really.
Programm FPGA or QSPI Flash (where FPGA can boot from) over JTAG(J7) only. For Zynq/ZynqMP devices you can also boot from SD or use USB as secondary boot, means uboots loads files from USB (depends on petalinux version if this works out of the box or not). Primary boot is still QSPI or SD or temporary over JTAG

br
John