News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

IO Bank VCC shorted to GND on TE0807

Started by jas, December 16, 2021, 08:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jas

Hi, we are using Zynq Ultrascale+ SoC (module part number: TE0807-03-4BE21-A) with our own carrier board. The module/board have been working fine for a couple of weeks but now the module has stopped working. I found out that Bank 65 power rail is shorted to GND ( <0.5 Ohm).

One subLVDS channel (from Bank 65) is going to a connector on our board and gets connected to another FPGA on a separate board. I checked the resistance between the pins of this channel and it was around a few kOhms (with connector disconnected) and every other LVDS channel has a resistance of around ~100 kOhm. The power rail of this bank is also shorted GND. I removed the Trenz module from the carrier board and found out that the power rail short was on the module itself. I looked at the schematics and saw that there is only one capacitor connected to this rail on the module. I removed the capacitor and the short was still there.

This mostly implies that the short is on the SoC chip. Have I destroyed the chip? Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

JH

Hi,
QuoteThis mostly implies that the short is on the SoC chip. Have I destroyed the chip?
I think minimum this IO Bank, maybe more.

Can you share your custom carrier schematic? If yes, please send them to support@trenz-electronic.de and we can check one time if we find something which caused this issue.

Other possible reasons, which you can check:
Do you use heat sink? Eventually the module was overheated?
What's with ESD Protection?

br
John

jas

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. I'll reach out to you by email.