News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

One-Wire Interace for MAC-ID chip on TE0710

Started by toka, November 15, 2021, 04:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toka

Hello,

I was unable to find any resources for the readout of the MAC address of the one-wire EEPROM (U13).
A solution for a AXI implementation for Microblaze would be great.

Best regards

Antti Lukats

please write email to @support we can send an IP for the MAC ID EEPROM

g
Antti

Antti Lukats

I am attaching the IP here too, if someone needs it. The IP is very simple, it reads the MAC ID and returns a vector that can be used in the application.

danvp

Hello Antti Lukats,

I need to read the MAC from the EEPROM in the TE0712, from freeRTOS.

Looking for info I bumped into this post. Is the IP for the MAC ID EEPROM that you shared with toka also suitable for the TE0712?

And if it is suitable, can you please also offer some guidance on how to read the MAC? Where in the EEPROM is it stored?

Thanks a lot in advance,

danvp

Antti Lukats

same eeprom so yes suitable IP. The address location is defined in device datasheet but you do not need to know it, the IP core has fixed address for readout. The IP reads the mac and returns a vector, you need to add some "register read" IP to the bus in order to access it from freeRTOS.

toka

As a suggestion: I just created a custom AXI peripheral to read out the vector.

Antti Lukats

Quote from: toka on December 02, 2021, 12:44:09 PM
As a suggestion: I just created a custom AXI peripheral to read out the vector.

yes this is the correct way, if lazy can also use AXI GPIO ;)

danvp

Thanks toka, Antti,

Actually I just saw this, and it looks like my nature is being lazy, since I went for AXI GPIO approach ;D

Here's a screenshot of that part of my design:

The problem I have is that I read all zeros (except for the valid bit, which I concatenated as bit 16 to the MAC High part):

MAC read from EEPROM:
MAC Low: 00000000
MAC High: 00010000

Any ideas why this could be happening?

toka

I found a problem: when I use the LIA to check the correct MAC ID is read, loading the bitstream from Vivado will give the correct result. However, when I use Vitis to upload the bitstream the ID gets swapped from e.g. 12:34:56:78:90:AB to 78:90:12:34:56:78. So the bytes are shifted downwards by 2 bytes with kind of ring-buffering.

Antti Lukats

this IP core is really AS-IS, we can not provide much tech support here. It is known to work undersome usage cases, if there are problems, well need to debug then. Maybe reset the ip core programmatically and re re-read the vector?

danvp

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I've been on holidays  ;D

After some debugging, I found the problem... one of those silly things. I had a polarity issue with the scio_t line and my IOBUF.
After inverting the line I get the MAC correctly!

Thanks!