News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Generate bitstream using CI/CD with gitlab

Started by masc, November 04, 2021, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Hello everybody!

Have anyone already experience using gitlab CI/CD functions to automate the whole workflow down to generating bitstreams?
I'm using the TE scripts for creating and opening projects and I'm also using git/gitlab for version control - which works good so far.

I think running vivado in batch mode and caling tcl scripts for building is the key, right?

Any comments are welcome, thnx in advance!

Bye, Marc.

JH

Hi,
sorry I can't help at the moment. My scripts are prepared to use it with CI, but until know there was no time to integrated in into any CI flow.
I was not aware of CI integration from GitLab. My plan was to use Jenkins or hudson, but Gibtlab loolks also interessing.
Maybe somebody else has used it an can help you.

br
John

masc

Hi John,
thank you for the fast reply.
I recently implemented a CI/CD workflow for a µC platform with gitlab and it works flawlessly. This solves so many problems - i love it! ;D

Quote from: JH on November 05, 2021, 06:38:07 AM
My scripts are prepared to use it with CI
That sounds promising. Since I haven't done a deep dive into the TE script collection, perhaps you can point me to some useful functions that you prepared for that purpose.

The bottom line is to generate a bitstream in batch mode by script.

Thnx in advance, bye Marc.

JH

Hi,
run "_create_win_setup.cmd" and press  2 for "Create maximum setup of CMD-Files and exit Batch". It will create(copy) "design_run_project_batchmode.cmd" to the main folder which can be use to run the current project in batch mode (it will copy all generated binaries to the prebuilt folder).
br
John