News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Ubuntu 18.04 GUI on TE0803 Issues

Started by ian, April 20, 2021, 11:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian

Hello,

I'm currently working with the TE0803-03 on the TEBF0808-04A dev board and am running into issues running Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop.

I've followed the instructions listed here: https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0803+SK+Demo1

But I've hit the following snags:

1) Running the mkubuntu_BionicBeaver.sh script gives me an SD card that ends in "Kernel panic" when booting, so I manually partitioned the SD card and followed the install instructions in that script. When I first booted, my displayport monitor shows a blank screen but I'm able to connect via serial.
2) ran "sudo systemctl set-default multi-user" to boot into the terminal, which works
3) running "startx" ends in error - "xinit: connection to X server lost". Posting the log file contents in the next comment.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong and would greatly appreciate any help or guidance.

Warm regards,
Ian

mch

Hi Ian,

Please send for me the full item name of your TE0803 module. I would test the following instruction in Linux consul  to change the display manager:
dpkg-reconfigure lightdm

If lightdm package is already installed , you can test the following instruction to change the display manager :
dpkg-reconfigure lxdm

After changing the display manager , please reset the board and run startx instruction again.

Best regards,

Mohsen

ian

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for the reply! The full item name is TE0803-03-3BE11-A

I tried both commands you suggested and got the same behavior:

'startx' brings up a black screen.

error messages in the log file for dpkg-reconfigure lxdm:

[   131.193]    ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[   131.219] (==) FBDEV(0): Backing store enabled
[   131.219] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPUTCMAP: Device or resource busy
[   131.221] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPUTCMAP: Device or resource busy
[   131.221] (==) FBDEV(0): DPMS enabled                                                                                                                                                                           
[   131.221] (==) RandR enabled                                                                                                                                                                                   
[   131.235] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system                                                                                                                                                                     
[   131.237] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable                                                                                                                                                             
[   131.237] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering                                                                                                                                                           
[   131.308] (II) IGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer                                                                                                                                                           
[   131.313] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast                                                                                                                                                             
[   131.313] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[   131.620] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB Receiver (/dev/input/event0)

mch

Hi Ian,

have you already tested our prebuilt image file? Does it work?  If not , please test our prebuilt image file and let me to know if it works. You can download the prebuilt image file in the following link:

https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/5.2x7.6/TE0803/Reference_Design/2019.2/SK%20DEMO1

Best regards,

Mohsen