News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

ISE license for gigabee LX100 version

Started by rifo, August 10, 2011, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifo

Hello,

Forgive me if my question doesn't make sense but isn't ISE webpack enough to program S6 LX100. Why is it written on the Gigabee webpage that one should buy the ISE license for versions with LX100. I am not planning to make use of any microblaze related stuff in my design but rather just pure RTL and MIG generated MCB cores.

thank you in advance for your answers
greetings
rifo

Ales Gorkic

Dear Rifo,

As far as I know ISE webpack allows programming Spartan6 devices up to LX75.
It has always been like this that webpack only allows small FPGAs. After all the LX100 is a huge device.
You can also use 30days trial version (all features).
If you come from university then the license is not very expensive.
Every company is trying to earn some money.

Sorry,

Ales

rifo

Thank you Ales,

It seems that I was lazy and only synthesized my module in Webpack. Now that I also tried to place & route, licensing error has immediately popped out. Thank you one more time.

greetings
rifo

Vknen

I am trying to synthesize and map blinking led project for gigabee LX150 using XILINX ISE 13.3 30 day evaluation  software. For some reason the largest selectable device is LX75 even after activating the evaluation license. Is there any extra steps to enable larger (>LX75) devices in ISE?

Thorsten Trenz

Hi,
it seems you installed only ISE Webpack. Or your license file is only for ISE Webpack.

best regards
Thorsten Trenz