News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

ZynqBerry isn´t booting when using self made flash image

Started by kampi, January 09, 2021, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kampi

Hello,

I have played around with the "Test-Board" example for the ZynqBerry (512 MB) version and everything is working fine. Now I want to run my own Petalinux system, so I try to change the different parts one by one. At the first step, I want to replace the "BOOT.bin" file with my own version. For this I have created a simple design with only the Processing System (like in the example) and with this I have created a bitstream, the FSBL, and pack them with the u-boot from Trenz into my own BOOT.bin.

the_ROM_image:
{
[bootloader]...\test_board\_binaries_TE0726-03M\res_elf\fsbl.elf
../ZynqBerry/MinimalLinux/application/FSBL/_ide/bitstream/System_wrapper.bit
...\test_board\prebuilt\os\petalinux\512MB\u-boot.elf
}

I write this file into the flash memory of the ZynqBerry by using Vivado 2020.2 and the FSBL from Trenz (see screenshot).

But the ZynqBerry doesn´t boot up Linux and only the green LED is active (normally booth LEDs are switched off and only the red one flashes). What is wrong here? I only use the original files from Trenz (except the block design, but this shouldn´t be the case) and it seems that the processor isn´t booting correctly and I assume that there is something wrong with the bootloaders.

kampi

Can be closed. I have accidentally used the wrong board in Vivado.