News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0741 Flash download problem

Started by dianfeng1995, October 29, 2020, 09:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dianfeng1995

I want to download .mcs to flash,while  the vivado displays " Unable to read device properties. Please make sure that the proper configuration memory part is selected."
I already choose the spi x4 mode,and the flash is S25FL256SAGBHI20. I had downloaded code successfully,  but  vivado displays error[/img]s now.

JH

Hi,
which error message is shown? Did you programm an valid mcs design?
We offer reference designs with prebuilt binaries:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0741+Test+Board
can you try out this one please?
br
John

dianfeng1995

Thank you for your reply.
The error types are as follows:
CRITICAL WARNING: [Labtools 27-2251] Unable to read device properties. Please make sure that the proper configuration memory part is selected.
I think the mcs is valid. I am using the GUI automatically generated MCS file, Vivado is unable to read flash. 
Vivado choose the flash type is s25fl256sxxxxxx0-spi-x1_x2_x4.

JH

Hi,
correct flash typ for every assembly version is written in the .board_files/TE0741_board_files.csv of the reference design (what you has selected should be OK). Depending on the Vivado version you used it can be slightly different.
You must also setup correct constrains for X4 mode. See my like to the reference design documentation.
Which carrier did you use?
And please try out prebuilt binaries of the reference designs.
Do you has configure flash before with some design which has access to the flash?

br
John