News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720-03 on TE0703-06 QSPI programming failing

Started by Hasson, October 11, 2020, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasson

Hello,

I have TE0720-03 module on TE0703-06 carrier board.
I created an .mcs file from my PL design.
I tried to program the QSPI memory (Spansion s25fl256s-3.3v) via Vivado Lab 2019.2 but it fails with the warning saying : " [Xicom 50-100] The current boot mode is QSPI.
If flash programming fails, configure device for JTAG boot mode and try again."

The module and the carrier board are still on the factory settings.

After testing several scenarios, I found a workaround that allowed the QSPI to be flashed successfully.
The workaround was to insert an SD card on the carrier board with any BOOT.bin file created by Vitis 2019.2. The FSBL file which was in the BOOT.bin file was created from the default template of Vitis. The BOOT.bin file contains an fsbl file, bit file and one application file (no linux).

Now my problem is that I have the same setup on another site overseas, but this workaround is not working.

Am I missing a basic setting in programming the QSPI memory or how can we overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance.
Hasson

JH

Hello,

which TE0720 did you use? we offer different assembly variants.
Correct QSPI names are included in the ./board_files/TE0720_board_files.csv
In the most cases it's s25fl256s-3.3v-qspi-x4-single  but we have also some with  mt25ql256-qspi-x4-single

Documentation and download
Xilinx Documentation to  Flash programming:
Some additional note for Flash programming and different Vivado versions:
PS: You must switch boot mode to SD, when you want to boot from SD, maybe that's wrong on your second setup where the boot mode doesn't work.
Boot Mode can be changes viad DIP of the TE0703: https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0703+CPLD+-+CC703S#TE0703CPLDCC703S-BootMode

br
John