News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

I cannot program FLASH on a board reffered to TE0890.

Started by mariocanfly, September 20, 2020, 05:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariocanfly

Recently I designed a PCB according to the schematics of TE0890. I chose xc7s25-2FTGB196I as the FPGA. My schematics of configurations of FPGA and FLASH are the same to the schematics of TE0890.

It works fine when downloading the .bit file to the FPGA directly. But when I tried to download the .bin file to the flash, the Vivado 2019.1 reported the error: "[Labtools 27-2251] Unable to read device properties. Please make sure that the proper configuration memory part is selected." I had chosen the N25Q064 3.3V as the memory part.

I have updated my vivado to 2020.1, but it still reports the same error.
I have checked the voltage of the pins of the flash, they looks fine.
I didn't make constraints for the MOSI,MISO,CS and CCLK. Did this lead to any problems?
I'd tried turning down the frequency of programming, it didn't work.

Anyone can help me with this? Thank you! :'(

JH

Hi,
check if mode Pins are set correctly in your HW (M0..M2), see also
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug470_7Series_Config.pdf
page 21
Check that Flash is connected to the dedicated  Pins on the FPGA
Check if your QSPI flash supports the supply voltage, which you has used on your PCB? -->  1.8V or 3.3V variants are available. Check also IO Bank power.
Check if you has select the correct Flash name in Vivado HW Manager.

Do you have more than on of your boards? Maybe something is not soldered correctly or damaged on this board which you working on.

br
John