News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0706-03 no USB console (XMOD)

Started by bigguiness, September 11, 2020, 05:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguiness

Hello all,

I recently got a TE0706-03 carrier board for a TE0720 module. I was using a TE0703-05 carrier but the TE0706-03 is closer to what I am planning.

I just connected it and the TE0720 appears to boot (solid green LED and blinking red LED) but I don't get a USB device on my PC to connect to the console. The green LED on the XMOD board is on (it's actually on before I apply 5V to the TE0706-03) but I don't see a new COM port (or any other new devices) in device manager.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

JH

Hi,
QuoteI just connected it and the TE0720 appears to boot (solid green LED and blinking red LED)
TE0720 is delivered without design, so I think it's only powered up: https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0720+CPLD#TE0720CPLD-Overview:On-boardLEDs

But this is no matter to see COM port on the PC.

Can you tell me the DIP settings of the TE0790?
Which power supply did you use for TE0706? Which current limit?

Do you see a nee USB device on device manager when you connect USB to TE0790?

br
John

bigguiness

John,

Thanks for the reply.

I know the carrier board does not have a design. That's all in the TE0720.

I figured on the COM port issue. Stupid Windows had an update pending on my PC. Every time it does my USB quits discovering new devices.

After letting the updates install the TE0790 was discovered and works correctly.

Thanks
Hartley