News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

PI Controller for Flux

Started by TY, September 04, 2020, 06:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TY

Hello,

I'd like to ask a question about the Reference Motor (BLWR111D) connected to EDPS Power Stage. The EDDP kit includes the Motor, Encoder and TEC0060 adapter board, and the foc.c sample file has PI controller for Flux and Torque. Is it possible to control Flux for the Reference Motor?

(I think IPMSM (Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) generally can use both the Flux and the Torque. Is type of the reference motor IPMSM?)

Thanks

Andrei Errapart

Hi TY,

The following modes use the setting of a fixed flux value (register 11, VD_REG):
2: MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX
6: MODE_MANUAL_TORQUE_FLUX_FIXED_SPEED
In the other modes, the flux is controlled by a feedback loop (see registers FLUX_SP_REG, FLUX_KP_REG, FLUX_KI_REG).

The reference motor is of type IPMSM.

TY

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'd like to calculate KP and KI parameters for Flux and Toque in advance, and tune the parameters for the reference motor. I think the proper KP and KI parameters are calculated using d-axis(Flux) and q-axis(Torque) inductances, respectively. So I guess the default KP and KI parameters defined in the focserver.conf file are also caluculated using values of the inductances.

Could you tell me the values of the d-axis(Flux) and q-axis(Torque) inductances for the reference motor?

Thanks

Andrei Errapart

Hi TY,

unfortunately, I cannot repeat the calculation for the KP and KI, because we determined these values experimentally.  The order code for the motor is BLWR111D-24V-10000-1000SI and you can find the datasheet for the motor at https://www.anaheimautomation.com/manuals/brushless/L010234%20-%20BLWR11%20Series%20Product%20Sheet.pdf , where the winding inductances are listed as well. This information is from the manual https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/EDPS+User+Manual#EDPSUserManual-ReferenceMotor , section "Reference motor".

Experimental determination of PI-loop coefficients was no problem for the small and cheap motor, which we have as a reference, but this might not apply in your case.

What is the motor you want to use the EDPS with?

best regards,
Andrei

TY

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your help. I'm using the BLWR111D-24V-10000-1000SI motor and trying to implement some control algorithms for now.
I understood the experimental determination of the coefficients. I will refer to the datasheet and the manual.

Thanks