News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Strange thing with QSPI on TE0803 + TE0808

Started by johnabel, September 03, 2020, 02:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnabel

I wanted to use the QSPIs as flash memory with a TE0803 on a TE0808 carrier, booting from microSD.
I first configured the PS as per the board pre-settings and disabled unused peripherals, basically just leaving the UART0 and QSPI.
When I exported the hardware, built the FSBL and application (QSPI polling example from Xilinx) it didn't work, the FSBL crashed after printing out:

Xilinx Zynq MP Fir

Then I started again from scratch but this time with the board configuration, without disabling anything. Then it runs perfectly.

so the question is, what else besides the QSPI I have disabled that I shouldn't have?

JH

Hi,
QuoteI wanted to use the QSPIs as flash memory with a TE0803 on a TE0808 carrier, booting from microSD.
when you also want to boot from SD, you must enable also SD controller otherwhise only bootrom, knows that SD card exists.

We have board files with QSPI, DDR and one UART(configured for TEBF0808) enabled only start with this one and add SD card. In case you has custom board, check if uart is correct.
br
John

johnabel

I keep on thinking the TE0808 is an unnecessary mess

JH

Hi,
QuoteI keep on thinking the TE0808 is an unnecessary mess
I don't understand.  Xilinx ZynqMP is a configurable device where every configuration is like a new system. TE0808 is a module with ZynqMP, this limits this limits some parameters but not everything so it's still a configurable system. So you must always pay attention what you do and there are many different ways how you can create a design for this modules (with our reference designs we show only one possible way)

If a module is suitable for you or not depends on the application and if you want to use it later with own carrier to have a customised solution for you. If this is not so important for you maybe one complete xilinx evalboard with ZynqMP is maybe the better choice.

br
John