News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0790-03 JTAG cable not detecting

Started by srg, August 24, 2020, 12:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srg

Hello,

I am using XMOD TE0790-03 with TEBA0841-02 carrier card and TE0841-02 SoM.
Initially JTAG and FPGA was detecting but now the JTAG is not detecting in vivado.

Please let me know debug procedure for this.

Thank You.

JH

Hi,

what did you see in Vivado HW Manager? Nothing or Programmer only (Digilent number) without device?

Did you changed DIP setting(on TE0790 or on the carrier) or did you try to modify FTDI (you should not do this!)?

Do you have some design on the FPGA running(booting from flash)? If yes, is your power supply strong enough?

Did you use heat sink?

br
John

srg

I did not see anything in vivado hardware manager.
In windows10 device manager when i connect USB cable it is showing Unkown USB Device(Device Descriptor request failed)
I did not change Default DIP switch setting of JTAG(1000)
I did not use heat sink,but i am using 12V DC fan for cooling.

JH

In windows10 device manager when i connect USB cable it is showing Unkown USB Device(Device Descriptor request failed).
Either you has a driver problem or your TE0790 is damaged or  it has some power problem.

Can you remove the TE0790 from TEBA0841 and change DIP of the TE0790 to 1001 (Core voltage from USB). Connect USB cable and check one time what you see with MS USB viewer:
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#MicrosoftUSBView
--> select your USB device and show me what you see in the property windows (in case it's possible.)

When you use TE0790 on TEBA0841, you must use older DIP settings(1000)!

br
John

srg

Hello John,

I am suspecting JTAG is not working due to i tried to use FTDI ft_prog utility because initially JTAG and FPGA was not detected when i connected board.
The issue was board was shipped with TEBA0841 DIP Switch config of (1000). when i change the DIP switch position to 0000 I am able detect FPGA and JTAG. This experiment i did on currently working board.
So,on the other setup where i use ft_prog utility XMOD is not working. 
Please can you reconfirm TEBA0841 and TE0790 DIP switch position should be 0000 and 1000 respectively right?

Thank You

srg

I tried experiment you suggested PFA.
Yes i am using TE0790 DIP SW setting 1000 when using with TEBA0841

JH

Hi,
but it can't identify the FTDI on the TE0790. From your other post, I think you has a second TE0790 which works fine, or? If the other one works, I think this TE0790 is damaged.

br
John