News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Rebuild/test uBoot on TE0720

Started by JoeM, July 20, 2020, 09:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeM

Hi, I have a TE0720 development board.  I need to rebuild uBoot to include additional commands. The board currently has uBoot 2016.06 on it.

1) I downloaded the uBoot project, but I'm having trouble compiling it in ubuntu. Do you have the exact instructions (make config, etc) needed to build uBoot?

2) Once uBoot is built, can I run it from SD card to debug? 

Thanks,

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hi,

you can try to use
petalinux-config -c u-boot
to run configuration dialog, if you want to change something specific best way is to modify
project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/u-boot/files/platform-top.h
to add commands define
and then rebuild all petalinux project to apply changes.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

JoeM

Thanks, I'll try. Once I build uBoot, is it possible to debug it by copying the uBoot image to SD card for the TE0720? I don't want to update flash until I know the uBoot image is working.  If so, what images must I copy to SD card?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hi.
u-boot is a second stage bootloader which normally integrated into BOOT.bin you need to rebuild BOOT.BIN with a new u-boot.elf to propagate your changes.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

JoeM

Thanks.  The SD card that came with the system is loading/running u-boot.img.  How can I build u-boot.img in petalinux?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,
petalinux build u-boot.elf which usualy located in images/linux/ after project build
you can use ut in SDK while creating your custom BOOT.BIN

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko