News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Accessing the JTAG COM Port from another µC

Started by sjoshi, July 01, 2020, 01:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjoshi

Hello,

this is a long shot but I thought I should ask it here anyways. I have a stm32 with a USB host port. I am planning to interface it with the CYC1000 over some interface. I can communicate with the CYC1000 over UART easily from a PC using realterm. I want to have a similar interface from my µC. Most of the information on the FTDI chips appears to be closed source. They provide a bunch of precompiled binaries and provide the necessary API. USB tree view shows two simple endpoints. It would be interesting to know if someone has come across some information which would make it possible to acces the UART via bare metal.

I cannot connect tha uart from the stm directly to the cyc1000 as all uarts are already occupied.

Regards,
Sjoshi

Thomas D

Hi,
Quote from: sjoshi on July 01, 2020, 01:57:05 PM
Most of the information on the FTDI chips appears to be closed source. They provide a bunch of precompiled binaries and provide the necessary API.
The library 'libFTDI' is an open source library to communicate with some ftdi chips.
Maybe this will help a bit.

br
Thomas

sjoshi

Hello Thomas,

that looks a lot like what I am looking for. That shall help me a "byte" :). Thanks for the tip!

Regards,
Sjoshi