News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0720-03-CFA on TE0706 pins abbreviation

Started by Hasson, June 08, 2020, 06:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasson

Hello,
I have a simple question since I am starting to design a project with trenz boards.

When I try to get the names of the free pins of the mentioned module on the board, I get 2 pins with the names NetJB3_34 and NetJB3_31.
I couldn't relate this to any component on the board.

What does NetJBx_y stands for?

Thank you!
Hasson

JH

Hi,

where did you get these net names?

br
John

Hasson

Hi,

I found this in the excel sheet with the name "4x5_series_pinout_tracelength.xlsx"
that can be downloaded from
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/Download/?path=Trenz_Electronic/Pinout

In this excel file I chose the carrier board to be TE0706 and the module to be TE0720_Rev03.
After that in the B2B sheet under the column "Carrier Net Name" I can find names in the format of: NetJBx_y, e.g. NetJB3_34

My main goal is to know if these lines means that they are occupied or ends up on a connector that I can use.

Thank you in advance for your time!
Hasson

JH

Hi,
auto generated net names from altium, where the developer didn't give any name. --> pay attention with carrier netnames, carrier are for many different modules so the netnames of the carrier has mostly nothing todo with the FPGA Pin.

We offer also schematics of the modules and carrier:
https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/TE0706-03-TE0706-Carrierboard-for-Trenz-Electronic-Modules-with-4-x-5-cm-Form-Factor?path=Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/4x5/4x5_Carriers/TE0706/REV03/Documents

So in your example NETJB3_34 is named as aromatically from the connector designator and pin number:
--> JB3-34 which is not connected to anything on the carrier

and NetJB3_31
--> JB3-31 which goes to a 0Ohm resistor to  ETH-RXCK

See schematics page 2

br
John