News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Using Prebuilt Linux Binaries with Vitis and TE0720

Started by jlanza, May 20, 2020, 10:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlanza

I am using Vitis to build a platform using the tes-board_1cf_1gb.xsa platform file. I am also created a Linux domain and using the prebuilt binaries from the trenz site.  I used the linux.bif binary and boot_linux directory for the TE07-03-1CFA.

I have created a basic hello world application that uses the platform I created above. I application builds without any errors.

Lastly, I have created boot.bin file:
/arch = zynq; split = false; format = BIN
the_ROM_image:
{
   [bootloader]C:\Users\xxx\workspace6\CNUPlatform\export\CNUPlatform\sw\CNUPlatform\boot\fsbl.elf
   C:\Users\xxx\workspace6\CNUPlatform\hw\test_board_1cf_1gb.bit
   C:\Users\xxx\Documents\test_board\prebuilt\os\petalinux\1GB\u-boot.elf
   C:\Users\xxx\workspace6\CNU\Debug\CNU.elf
}

I build the BOOT.bin file and copy the: BOOT. bin, fsbl.elf, and linux.bif in the boot directory to the SD card.

Output of Serial Port:
Xilinx First Stage Boot Loader (TE modified)

Release 2019.2   May 20 2020-10:56:26

I does not appears this is working correctly since I am expecting to see "Hello Word".   Can I use the pre-built binaries? Must I build the binaries for the OS using the Petalinx SDK?  I have noticed that on your web page there a note: "working in process .... coming soon" about this process. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.  :)

JH

CNU is you linux application?

Don't put it into Boot.bin

Put normal Boot.bin (with UBOOT) and image.ub and your linux application on SD and boot. On linux console mount Sd and excecute your linux elf( --> must be prepared for linux not barmetal)

Alternatively use petalinux build environment to generate linux application. You can integrate them directly in the files system. --> see petalinux documentation
br
John