News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0705 with Zynq-70xx SD card not found in SPL

Started by Sabin, February 19, 2020, 10:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabin

Hello,

I'm a newbie who tries to boot the Zynq-7000 using SPL and U-boot.
The problem that I have right now is that the SD card is not found is SPL.  :'(
I enabled all the configs options for the mmc support in SPL and U-boot, and I'm kinda stuck right now.  :-\
Maybe someone will have an idea about what I can try or where I should look.

Thank you!

zynq_serial_setbrg: CLK 99999999
clk_enable(clk=fffff64c)

U-Boot SPL 2019.01-g2202742-dirty (Feb 19 2020 - 10:38:38 +0200)
mmc boot
Trying to boot from MMC1
uclass_find_device_by_seq: 0 0
   - not found
uclass_find_device_by_seq: 1 0
   - not found
spl: could not find mmc device 0. error: -19
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

JH

Hi,
which module did you plug on TE0705?
One of the TE0715 series or one of the TE0720 series?
We provide reference designs with documentation and pebuilt files for different assembly options.
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0720+Test+Board
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0715+Test+Board

You try to get access to eMMC, so I think you has one of the  TE0720 series?
1. eMMC is not formated, you must do this before you can read something from eMMC (use for example linux which was startet from SD with RAM disk --> what we use in our reference designs)
2. You must also have an valid PS configuration in your Vivado IP (so that the xsa/hdf export is valid), otherwhise your automatical detected interfaces are wrong.

I would recommend to use petalinux to generate all linux stuff...is much easier than other ways....

Best regards
John

Sabin

Hello John,
I am using module TE0720.
1. I formatted the SD card on Windows with FAT32 format. If this is not what you meant please explain to me.
2. I'm not working with Vivado GUI. I'm using it within a lot of makefiles.

I attached the u-boot.config, but I'm now sure if you can figure something out of this.

Thank you!

JH

Hello,
try out our reference design:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0720+Test+Board

It includes prebuilt Boot.bin and image.ub which you can directly use to start linux on the HW.

Instead to generate everything by yourself, you should use petalinx work flow for linux part, it's much easier especially for newbie.

And XSA(Vivado 19.2 --> on older Vivado Versions it was hdf) export defines your Zynq system (wich depends on PCB connection (basic periphery ...DDR... and your changes on the design later (PS part and PS-PL interfaces))).  Your Linux part must be generated for this setup, you can't generate a general setup. --> Depending on you Vivado design, you must set correct uboot config, device tree, kernel, filesystem setup....

I would recommend to test prebuilt files(Boot.bin and image.ub if your TE0720 variant) of the reference design. Prebuilt should start, when you select the correct one for your assembly version.
As second step generate all  files again by yourself without changes (see reference design documentation --> in case of 19.2 use Vitis/Vivado and petalinux 19.2). If this works, start to modify your project.
I can't help much more at the moment, sorry.
br
John