News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

simple LWIP ethernet using TEBF08008 and TE0808 not working

Started by hossam84, December 16, 2019, 02:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hossam84

Hello,

I was trying to test the lwip using SFP port using TEBF08008 and TE0808 but I failed somehow. So, I made a step back to test the lwip with the On-board Gigabit Ethernet PHY (U12) connected to Marvell Alaska 88E1512 IC.
Using this scenario, I also couldn't make a connection and I get the attached screenshot.
At the PC side I cannot connect at all.

For me I tested and develop many ethernet based LWIP applications using ZYNQ on TE0720-03-1CR and TE0715-04 and TE0701-06 base board and it is working perfectly at 1Gbps.

I don't understand why simple lwip example doesn't work with the TE0808 ZYNQ ultrascale.

I appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks in advance.
H. H.

hossam84

Is there anyone tested the lwip with the Ultrascale using TE0808?

JH

Hi,
we test ETH only with linux, it's much easier and works mostly out of the box.

Xilinx baremetal apps for eth works seldom out of the box.

At first check with our reference design (Boot.bin and image.ub are included in the prebuilt folder), if ETH works and that you has no other problem.
If this works, check at first MDIO access to PHY (maybe you use wrong PHY address?).
br
John

hossam84

Hi John,

I am trying now with linux. I added the two files (Boot.bin and image.ub are included in the prebuilt folder).
The initialization is done OK.

Now I want to connect my PC to the TE0808 through Ethernet, what is the IP and port used in the linux configurations?

Thanks,
H. H.

JH

Hi,
is not set. You can connect to your network and use "udhcpc" so your router will give you a ip:
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0808+StarterKit#TE0808StarterKit-Linux
Or set it manually --> "ifconfig"
br
John

hossam84

Hello John,

I could succeed the ethernet test using linux and standalone application. But now I am going again to test the SFP port with the ethernet based on lwip.
Still I don't know why it is not working. I will continue the discussion on the SFP post.
I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Hossam