News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0803 ECC

Started by schaeferk, December 02, 2019, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schaeferk

Hi,

we have a TE0803-02-04EV-1E3 MPSoC-module and would like to enable ECC for the RAM.
As soon as ECC is enabled in Vivado example project, the board doesn't boot anymore. The FSBL seems to get stuck during system initialization.
Is it possible to enable ECC on the TE0803 module?

Best regards,
Konstantin

JH

Hi,
no for ECC you need additional DDR device on the module --> 5 instead of 4.

Maybe you can use 32bit +ECC instead of 64bit so that you use 3 of the ddr. But I never tried out. So you must test by yourself if this is possible or not.

br
John

schaeferk

I already tried setting the "DRAM Bus Width" to 32 bit, but it didn't help. Is this all I have to set, or do I need to set some additional options?

JH

Hi,
try out at first 32bit without ECC, if this works you can try ECC.
But you must also read DDR datasheet. Maybe also some other settings are needed or it doesn't work. I never tried out so I can't say what you  must do.

br
John

schaeferk

Hi,

I just read through the docs UG1075 and UG583 and it looks like the DDR controller pins DQ[71:64] have to be connected to the a RAM module to use its ECC capabilities (ug583 p98).
Please correct me if I am wrong but as far as I understood there is no way to use the controllers ECC without these pins.

Best regards,
Konstantin

JH

Hi,

yes, it seems ECC must be on these pins, so it's not possible to use ECC on TE080x modules.

br
John