News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TE0715 JTAG/SD Boot Issue

Started by hayesjaj, November 22, 2019, 10:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayesjaj

Hello,

I have an issue on custom carrier designed for the TE0715-30 module.  I have developed on it for a few months using a JTAG cable connected directly and now need to un-teather the system but cannot get the SD card to boot without the JTAG cable plugged in.  I've done dozens of Kintex FPGA designs directly and never had this issue so I suspect it is an interaction with the onboard CPLD.  Here are the symptoms:

PS will not boot without JTAG plugged in. 
CPU will PAUSE when I remove the JTAG (a digilent type) from the system.  When I plug it back in the processor will resume.
Boot from SD WORKS when it is plugged in to the JTAG port.  It will also happen immediately after I plug in the JTAG cable (cable must initialize its driver.)
Verified identical behavior on multiple copies of the carrier/multiple TE0715-30 modules.
I have re-checked all connections (MODE/PROGMODE/etc) and cannot seem to find any issues there.

Thanks in advance,
James

hayesjaj

Solved the issue.  I had specified the coresight UART for debug in the BSP.  When the JTAG connector was removed this would cause the CPU to lockup in an ISR.  Changed to NONE, regenerated and it works.  Silly mistake but hopefully useful to someone else someday.