News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

GTH transceivers on TE0803

Started by johnabel, September 06, 2019, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnabel

I'm having problems on implementing the GTH transceivers. Basically, when I connect to the board with the hardware manager, it sees the IBERT, the links but doesn't get its properties (like loopback mode, status, etc.).
One of the reasons I'm thinking of is whether the oscillator is properly configured and enabled, unfortunately it's on the bottom side and cannot access with a scope.
Is there any additional action to have the GTH transceivers up and running?

JH

Hi,
depends on the refclk which you are used.
In case you use from the SI5338, you must initialise it with FSBL. SI5338 is default off.
--> create IBERT with external sys clk and instead of external clk(generated buffer of the example design export from xilinx), connect this to PS_PL CLK with CE buffer. --> Use PS-PL Reset logic to enable sysclk.

What's also possible--> initialise SI5338 with our reference design (use the hello  te0803 example) --> boot from SD and load the Xilinx IBERT example bitstream (use correct ref CLKs likes initialised in the example) with Vivado (do not power off the module between these 2 steps)

br
John

johnabel

I got it sorted out... all I needed was to enable the loopback_in signal in the Ibert core and set it to 1.
Thanks for your feedback anyways