News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

TEI0003-02-test_board-quartus_18.1-20190402.zip

Started by gawrcool, August 20, 2019, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawrcool

Hi,
In the example given I've two remarks.
1. The path to the Memory initialization file is absolute, better to have a relative one
2. The hex file given doesn't work, so no UART output and  no ("Spirit level" mode) but the remaining modes work since there are not related to the NIOS
I've attached a .hex file that is working (keep the example architecture).
Also for information I modified my system to use the SDRAM @ 150MHz and the NIOS @ 200MHz.
Regards,

Thomas D

Hi,
we actually work on a solution, where the correct path will be set automatically.
At the moment you have to set the correct path for the *.hex file manually. See step 2 - 5 in the link below:
- https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TEI0003+Test+Board#TEI0003TestBoard-DesignFlow
I have tried the .hex file in the zip file again and it works.
- did you use win os or linux os?
- which quartus version did you use?
- which step from the design flow (link above) failed?
br
thomas

gawrcool

Hi,
My fault. With a fresh install of the example and with modifying the path for the given hex file, it works.
The problem is the Platform Designer that doesn't tell you (no warning nor info message) that the mem_init initialization file is missing.
I use Quartus 18.1.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.
Regards,
Olivier

gawrcool

About
QuoteAlso for information I modified my system to use the SDRAM @ 150MHz and the NIOS @ 200MHz.
After further tests and to be compliant with the Timing analyser, the max frequency I can reach is about 100-110 MHz for the NIOS IIe and about the same for the SDRAM controller.