News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

Pinout

Started by IPodFan, July 31, 2019, 09:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IPodFan

Hello,
I am using a TE0701 Baseboard together with a TE0720 SoC.
Currently I am trying to figure out how to do VHDL programming on my board and therefore I have to assign pins to signals.
I downloaded the Master Pinout-Table, but due to the fact, that I am quite new to this topic, it´s difficult for me to understand,
where I can find, what a specific number stands for. Additionally I am not sure about the meaning of "JM1/2/3" and "JB1/2/3".
Could you please help me with that?

Best Whishes

IPodFan

In case my question needs clarification:
I have issues translating such a table

TE0701 Name  TE0701 B2B  TE0701 FMC  TE0720 Schem. Name  TE0720 FPGA Pin
FMC_LA1_p  JB1-68  J10-D8  B35_L14_P  D20

into what the pin D20 is actually connected to. Sadly the Trenz Wiki does not provide much information.

Antti Lukats

JB and JM are connectors either on Base (JBx) or on module (JMx)

we are trying our best to provide some meanigful help to sort out the pin mapping, but we can not describe all possibly combinations in the wiki.

net labels change name from module to carrier/base, the excel table should provide some help, but in case of doubt, you can always use schematic, its  a bit troublesome but would be always correct.

we do not provide XDC files as almost all of the pins of the SoM are defined by the customer, hence we do not know the names customer design uses..

br
Antti

JH

Hi,
we have a new version available:

Select Module carrier combination and update excel sheet. There are 2 tables available now. One for carrier connectors view (Starts from connector designator and goes over B2B to FPGA Pin) and one for B2B (Board Module connectors). You can filter any column in this table so find the connection. In Vivado you need FPGA Pin coordinate. The IO standard and bank voltage depends on your design and setup. Excel table includes also schematic names to find it faster in the schematics, number if connections per signal and trace length.

br
John

IPodFan

Thank you very much! That was what I was looking for.

IPodFan

But lets say I want to use the one of the Pmod connectors, e.g. J5, and I want to assign pin 1 in Vivado. The table, you pointed out, does not show any name for the according pin.
Is there something special I need to know about assigning Pmods?

JH

Hi,
excel sheets search in list to generate this tables between all variants.
To jump over series resistors or capacitor are not complete solved in this version of these excel sheet --> see notes in the excel sheet.
In case of this PMOD it goes wrong --> it has serial resistor --> excel sheet try to "jumb" about but to select the connected B2B connector, he select the series resistor.
We will check, if we can fix this on the excel sheet for this PMODs. 

So in case you search for the schematic names PA* as carrier net name in the B2B table, you see the FPGA Pins. and with the PA*R* Name you see in the conn table the J5 connector pin --> or use the schematic.
I add both pictures from the excel pages at the attachment.

br
John

IPodFan

Thank you very much. This way I was able to find the pin names for J1, J5 and J6. But additionally I need J2. The according carrier names are PX0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7. But these names never appear on the excel sheet.
Personally I believe, I use the wrong names,  am I right in this hypothesis?

JH

Hi,
more or less problem, there is a second component between these pins and B2B.
And in this case it's not only a series resitor
http://www.trenz-electronic.de/fileadmin/docs/Trenz_Electronic/Modules_and_Module_Carriers/4x5/4x5_Carriers/TE0701/REV06/Documents/SCH-TE0701-06.PDF
page 18
its connected to the SD-MUX U2
---> so search for SD_*...but with TE0720 this are the MIO pins, which used normally for SD, so in this you did not use SD, you can change MUX with SELL_SD and you has the MIOs on this PMOD.

br
John

IPodFan

Thank you very much, I could find out the according pins now for PX0/1/2/3/4/5.
But still I have some questions:
1: On page 18 of the schematics, there are PX0-5 connected to U2, but PX6/7 are not connected to U2. Could you help me out where I can find them?
2: PX4 and PX5 are connected to SD_CMD and SD_CLK. Of course, I instantly ask myself, whether these pins are already used, since their names are CLK and CMD. Am I correct in this hypothesis?

Best Whishes
Robert

JH

Hi,
use PDF search and put in the name of the signal, every net which has the same net name is physically connected on the pcb.
--> In this case they go to the CPLD of the carrier.
https://wiki.trenz-electronic.de/display/PD/TE0701+CPLD
Source code of the carrier CPLD is available on the download area of the carrier, in case you want to change it.

And SD...-->  "Secure Digital Memory Card". Default they are routed to SD Card slot. In case you didn't need SD Card, you can use this for other purpose (depends on your Zynq PS setup) or route it over the SD Mux to the PMOD.
br
John

IPodFan

Thank you very much, I guess I got now what I came for  :)

JH

Hi,
we've update new pinout table. PMOD connection is shown now.
br
John