News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

te0320 SPI Flash Write Error at OpenFutNet

Started by yasarianhero, June 25, 2019, 10:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yasarianhero

The company that I am doing my voluntary internship currently gave me a job, checking whether a ton of https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/TE0320-00-EV02B-FPGA-module-with-Spartan-3A-DSP-3400K-EV02B-1-GBit-DDR-RAM?c=143 work properly or not.

I have first checked if they were visible from IMPACT with JTAG connection, completely discarded those were not visible in the boundary scan.

Then I have proceeded to use the program called OpenFutNet downloaded from github or gitlab whatever. I have proceeded to program from SPI Flash to check whether the usb connection works or not.

In this process I have failed to write any program to a dozen of them getting this error below.

The ones that I was able to successfully program this "blinker" project after a period of time started to give this error. So I need a bit of insight because I have been looking all over the web and I have never saw something that was this poorly documented.

I have the required drivers, if I didn't i would never be successful at programming spi flash and i am in an enviroment where these cards are protected from static electric.

So what might be the reason from this error? That is as important as finding a solution.

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

first of all please check the switch settings on your board, S3 switch should be in "FX2PON" position. Also please check that you have installed the correct driver for your OS.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

yasarianhero

I am sorry to ask this may be an obvious question but. Checking the user manual at <deleted by admin> by S3 switch you mean one of the buttons on the board?

And I assume this position of the DIP is on and the positions of the 4 switches are correct, could you please verify?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,

edge switch should be on the "FX2PON" position

yasarianhero

Thank you very much for the assistance. Doing what you have suggested I was able to make 2 more cards functional again.

But without putting the slide switch in FX2PON position I was able to program SPI flash of atleast 8 cards. How is that so?

By the way, if still I am getting the same error after doing what you suggested, should those cards be discarded?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,
If the switch is in "PON" position there is possible conflict on SPI bus as there are 2 masters FX2 chip and FPGA. Put it to "FX2PON" give FX2 ability to disable FPGA during operations on SPI bus.

yasarianhero

2 last questions.

OpenFutNet allows me to program both with .bit files and .mcs files. At some cards I can program with only just 1 type and the other one gives the SPI flash error.

If I am getting the same error as was in my first picture in the entry (the one from OpenFutNet) despite putting the slide switch at the correct position(with all the file types allowed), what does that mean?

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello,
bit and mcs it's just a different representation of the same bitstream data. Don't know the reason why it acts differently for you.

yasarianhero