News:

Attention: For security reasons,please choose a user name *different* from your login name.
Also make sure to choose a secure password and change it regularly.

Main Menu

EDDP - ADC & PWM synchronization

Started by valahia, June 06, 2019, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valahia

I was wondering if the ADC sampling is synchronized with the PWM signal in order to avoid sampling, when the PWM is switching. I was looking through the code but could not find anything about  this.

Thanks for help,
Adi

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello Adi,

It's possible, but it's not a good solution as a project become more platform dependent. If you want to improve the project in this direction, maybe better to add a low-pass filter?

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

valahia

Oleksandr,

I really appreciate your response. Indeed a filter is useful for low power applications, but I don't think would have the same efficiency for higher power machines. Now, this idea with synchronizing the ADC & PWM, in order to avoid sampling during the switching, is very popular on the DSPs. Normally the PWM is generated by a up-down counter and the ADC would sample when counter = zero or when counter =  period or both.

Because I am looking to have a synchronization between PWM and ADC, and to be able to trigger the ADC sampling only at a specific times given by PWM, let me know if you have any suggestions, as at this moment I don't have a thorough understanding on how this application works.

Best regards,
Adi

Oleksandr Kiyenko

Hello Adi,

so you need to modify axis_AD7403 and axis_pwm cores to work together. This cores you can find in ip_lib folder in the platform project.

Best regards
Oleksandr Kiyenko

valahia

I guess that's the way to go Oleksandr!

Best regards,
Adi